Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Something Else

I know I've been late in updating the final results of many companies. I've looked at most of them roughly but haven't really done any analysis in depth. Progress has been very slow as I've been bothered by neck/shoulder pain a lot lately, this has forbid me from spending too much time at the desk. In fact, for all this time I have visited a doctor, an acupuncturist, a bone-setter, and a physiotherapist, with chinese massages in between treatments. After nearly a month of intense treatment I'm feeling much better now and ready to start this blog again.

After this episode, I strongly advise you to get a desktop if you can, as using a notebook really causes posture problem, which like my case can develop into a longer term one. This is especially relevant if you already use a laptop at your daytime job, at which you have no choice. (FYI, before the incident, I used a desktop at daytime and a notebook at nighttime)

An imac looks really nice and can run windows too, this is if you are a fashion slave. Otherwise get a decent sized monitor and an ergonomic chair, don't use your dining chair and definitely not your sofa. Try a trackball if you can as it reduces shoulder stress, and learn to use it with both hands.

Beware, this thing really doesn't go from 1 to 10, it's more like 1,2,3,4, and then 10. You feel some stiffness on and off and then one morning you just can't turn your head no more. And that's too late already.

DISCLOSURE: I have neck and shoulder pain at time of writing.

Comments:
Take care, mate. Buy a desktop la. It's very cheap.
 
Take care and have a speedy recovery. Have some head and shoulder exercise everyday may help !
 
thank you everyone. i'll get a desktop and nowadays i try sit very straight for 90% of time.
 
take care ! ...thks for your kind advice ....
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]