Friday, July 16, 2010

Omaha 2010

I went to the Berkshire shareholders' meeting this May and I'm glad I finally made the trip after putting it off for a few years for no apparent reason. It was a fruitful experience.

Buffett and Munger are really worth flying 12,000km to see in person. They made the meeting an intense yet fun wisdom sharing experience for anyone who wishes to learn. It's like being near a knowledge fountain on a fully open tap. You'd surprised at times they also taught you how to be a good person and lead a meaningful life. I hope I've become wiser after this meeting.

In the end, I'll leave two quotes from each of them.

"Most people do not have the temperament to be investing their own money."

"In my whole life, I've known no wise people who didn't read all the time - none, zero."

And this is the last post on this blog about investment.

p.s. you can google for the complete script of the shareholders' meeting. there may even be translated versions. the flash spot in the photo is where Buffett was at before the meeting began.

Comments:
I will certainly miss your posts on investment !
 
good ! support
 
thank u very much for sharing this1
 
There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration.

"Las Vegas Foreclosures"
 
Very interesting topic. I really like your post and I'm looking forward for more post from you soon.
 
Great report well worth the read. Good to know that this topic is being covered also in this web site.
 
I have definitely picked up something new from right here.
 
You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you. This is really a terrific website.
 
I like it very much because it has very helpful articles of various topics like different culture and the latest news. I am a googler and search on many topics. By searching i found this nice website.
 
Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts.Interesting post and thanks for sharing. Some things in here I have not thought about before.
 
Thanks for yet another first-rate article. I am always searching for super seo tips to recommend to my own readers. Thank you for making this article. It’s exactly what I was searching for. Truly terrific post.
 
I enjoyed reading this.. Somehow changed my perspective in life. By the way I'm from Florida and the sun here is really amazing. Thanks again, Also I find your site really informative.

Andy
 
Berkshire is a great stock!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]